Sunday, 8 April 2012

I Dream of Genies: The Review


Complimentary
copy from AAD
by Judi Fennell
 He needs to change his luck, and fast!
But for all his hoping, Matt’s clueless when his long awaited lucky charm falls in his lap in the form of a beguiling genie. He just can’t believe that this beautiful woman could be the answer to his prayers…
 She’s been bottled up for far too long! Spending 2,000 years in a bottle would make any woman go a little stir crazy. So when Matt releases Eden from her luxurious captivity, she’s thrilled to repay him by giving him the magical boost he needs…
But for all her good intentions, Eden’s magical prowess is a little rusty and her magical mistakes become more than embarrassing. And though Eden knows falling in love will end her magic and immortality, she can’t help but be drawn to the one man who wants her just for herself…
Matt Ewing would gladly hunt down a fortune in lucky pennies if he thought it     would help save his business.
It is me again! I know, twice in one week, who would have known? I am using my holiday time (and inactivity due to chest infection) as a chance to get caught up on some reviews, and this is one I have been wanting to do for a while.

I was lucky enough to be given a copy of I Dream of Genies when I attended AAD in Philadelphia last year, even luckier to be able to get it signed by Judi Fennell, who is such a lovely lady. I have always loved Genies, as a child I would watch reruns of I Dream of Jeannie and wonder.... is that really JR Ewing? My dad having told me it was, and me thinking... but he looks a lot older! Yip, I was that little! But I loved Jeannie, I loved the costumes, the chaos... the fun! That is what I was hoping to find in I Dream of Genies, romance, frivolity and fun, guess what, that is what I found and I really enjoyed it.

This is a great summer book.

I really need to start my Minxy list of summer reads and this is definitely one I shall be putting on it. It is perfect for sitting round the pool, reading at the airport or on the plane.

But why? It is a really cute romance, Eden is a genie with a past, imprisoned in her bottle for something she did, something that we perhaps don't totally believe; something that we learn the truth about as the novel develops. When we meet her she is baby sitting a Dragonette (a baby dragon called Humphrey) and talking to a cat called Obo, I did tell you it was cute! Obo is a cat with a mysterious past, there is much more to him than what we first see. Their topic of conversation, Matt Ewing, the sexy man who jogs past Eden's bottle every day. The man Eden lusts after, and the man who she ultimately falls in love with.

When her bottle is thrown out she is eventually released and lands in the lap of Matt, literally, in full 'Jeannie costume' Matt takes her in and looks after her, as payment she uses her magic to help him. Just one problem, it is a bit rusty and goes wrong, outing her as a genie. Matt takes this remarkably well, but then faced with a dragonette on his head and a donkey in the kitchen he really doesn't have much choice!

Factor in the evil Faruq who wants Eden for himself, trust me he has very dodgy choice in clothing too! A quest to find the truth and freedom, fighting Faruq and falling in love make this a really fun romance. And yes there are some rather hot scenes... can we say sex that is so hot it makes you float!

I give I Dream of Genies 3.5 frillies out of 5, a great fun summer read. So pull out your bikini and shades, grab I Dream of Genies and settle down for some fun.



2 comments:

Judi Fennell said...

Glad you enjoyed! Thx for tweeting and letting me know!

Minx said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails