Sunday, 31 January 2010

Bite Me if you can Revisited

By Lynsay Sands

One minute Leigh is walking home in the early hours of the morning, and the next a vampire is sinking his teeth into her neck. Turns out it was a rogue vampire marked for termination, but it does Leigh little good because the damage has already been done. She’s become one of them.

Lucian Argeneau, hunter of rogue vampires, has been alive for over two thousand years, and there’s very little to excite him anymore. Food has become tasteless, sex is ordinary. Then Leigh drops into his life. Suddenly he finds himself craving coffee… and imagining the sassy brunette atop the black satin sheets on his nice big bed. It’s Lucian’s job now to enlighten Leigh on the inner workings of being immortal… and tutoring her is igniting a fire in him that hasn’t burned in centuries.

But until they stop a renegade bloodsucker from destroying the human race, the passion will have to wait!


On the Gutter Girls I decided to dedicate Manly Monday to Lucian Argeneau because as I said on their I find him as sexy as sin. After finding the quote I wanted I realised how long it had been since I'd read the book and I started reading it again. I had forgotten how much fun it is, aside from Lucian being masterful, sexy and proud we discover the soft and squishy side of a very lonely man who feels like an outside in his family. Leigh is a strong woman, a survior of domestic violence and victim to a rogue vampire who wanted her for himself. But no matter what she has been through we never pity her, we have a sympathetic shoulder, but we smile at her survival and empowerment. she is the perfect woman for him, funny and quick witted.

I have always loved this series, I love the humour and the familiness of it, the closeness and interplay between the characters, as for when she has a conversation with his penis, for me, my favourite scene in the book!

4 pink panties out of 5, a damp panty read with giggles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails